Thursday, January 28, 2010

Catching Up

Days are passing by so quickly! Today Little D is 5 months old. I can't believe that it's almost been a half of a year since he joined our family. It doesn't seem like that long. He has now perfected the art of rolling from his belly to his back and he can sit up by himself for a few seconds before he topples over. His head is getting bigger and bigger everyday, haha, just like his sister's did! But we don't care, he is still the cutest thing ever.

I am still working at Wingers and next week I'm also starting a part time job at Key Bank (as long as I pass the background check). Having two part time jobs is going to kick my butt but it will all be worth it. Jake is doing well in school so far. His Precalculus class is giving him a hard time but he is so smart that I know he'll be fine.

I'm getting the question, "How do like being back in Idaho" a lot lately. I guess my answer is, it's OK. It's weird to go to town and see people I actually know. I've realized I have a lot of fair-weathered friends also. People who used to always tell me how exciting it would be when I finally moved back but now I never hear from them. It's weird having actual friends and family around again, I always feel stressed that I need to make everyone happy, but on the other hand they don't give me the time of day when I do see them. I hate constantly wondering "did I do something to hurt their feelings?!?!" or "why is she mad at me?!?!" Sometimes I miss it just being me and Jake and the kids. This new life will just take some getting used to, and maybe I shouldn't expect so much from "friends". Anyways that's my rant for the month :)

Catching one of his half grins.
We had a sleep-over with the older girl cousins. I hope they all had fun. Grandma had to buy them all matching jammies and then we watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, which is actually a really funny and cute movie!
Looking so cute on his tummy.
Chels got really sick again last week. She was throwing up all night and then she developed a horrible cough. Luckily she is back on the mend. This picture was while she was sick, her cheeks are all rosy. Now Little D has a cough, I hope it doesn't turn into anything more.
All ready for church a couple weeks ago.

4 comments:

Amy said...

You've had some big changes in your life this past year! I hope you get the job and that you can make it all work out for your family. It's hard, but I know it's possible too. What is up with your kid's heads? Totally kidding! I think they are both SO cute!

Mary Lynn Evans said...

Ya, Annie I've had some issues with this recently (even the big heads ... haha) and I finally came to the conclusion that I had to do my part as well if I wanted to feel like my friends were really my friends. I've had to make my effort too and realize they didn't hate me or stop liking me, I just wasn't doing my part.

Nielsen Family said...

Huh I never thought of all the home town drama that would come back. But being near family has to make up for that right? Well I hope so at least. Well glad the kids are on the mend. They sure are cute! Tell Jake good luck with school from us. Oh and I hope you like working for the bank...I always did.

Adventures in Petersonland said...

ahhh! i hope you're doing well with working 2 part time jobs! thats got to be exhasuting. im sure you miss your kids when you're gone...who is watching them?
little dean is adorable! i wish we lived closer so our kids could play and we could laugh like old times.
and dean looks awesome in his little turtle outfit! im glad you put him in it! i wasn't sure if you would like it or not.