Saturday, December 12, 2009

December again

GAH! I am so behind on my blog. So let's catch up:

A couple weeks ago Marriner got really sick with the stomach flu. Poor little guy was sick for a week straight. He would throw up after every bottle. We eventually switched him to Pedialyte but he hated that stuff. It was a hard week and I am so thankful that he is well again. I was really scared for a couple days that his Pediatrician would admit him to hospital for dehydration since he couldn't keep anything down. Luckily it never got to that point! He is back to his normal self again. He's getting so big. He's almost 4 months now. We have been able to get some giggles out of him and they are so cute. He has the funniest laugh. I will try my hardest to catch it on video.

Right when the baby started feeling better Jake and I got sick. Ours only lasted a couple days and it just happened to be on the weekend so we were able to stay home and rest. What a nasty flu bug! Chels never got sick, and I hope she continues to be healthy.

Dec. 8 was Jake's birthday. I am a horrible wife and I didn't take any pictures of him. We had a big family dinner and celebrated all 4 birthdays that occur in December. On the night of his birthday we went to El Mirador, his favorite Mexican restaurant. I also got him the new Dan Brown book but he is sneeky and he found it before his birthday. Last night we went out to eat with his family to Johnny Carinos after he got off work. He says he feels old, but he's only 26.

We went to the ward Christmas party this morning. Chels has now talked to Santa 3 times. The first time she saw him she told him she wanted a moving kitty (one of the Fur Real ones). The other two times she has seen him she told him she wants Puppy in my Pocket with a house. She might have to get Puppy in my Pocket after Christmas with money she gets from Great Grandma Evans because the first, official order to Santa was for a moving kitty ;)


Chels and Marriner with Santa at the ward Christmas Party.
Making sugar cookies for the Relief Society Cookie Exchange. Chels had to make her own plate to take. OOPS, mom "forgot" to bring them...
Isn't this the cutest little face you've ever seen? The baby looks pretty cute too.

2 comments:

Adventures in Petersonland said...

i am so sorry to hear that marriner got sick! thats so awful when babies are throwing up constantly and there is nothing you can do to make it stop. thank goodness he is better now! sorry to hear that you guys got sick too. it seems to be that we are headed there as well...i guess its our time as we havent been sick lately.
marriner is so stinkin cute! i so wish we lived closer to one another. i miss those days of getting together each week and laughing.
hope all is well in idaho!

Nielsen Family said...

Haha "forgot" Chels's cookies! I love Marriner! I can't believe I didn't get to see him. I'm glad your family is feeling better.