Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween 2009 & 2 month shots

Little Marriner went to his 2 month check up yesterday. And let's just say...it didn't go well! True to our little man's form, he was MAD! From the moment I layed him on the table to take off his clothes he cried and cried. And not that cute little newborn cry, he screamed! The nurse and the Dr. didn't know quite what to think of him. All they said were things like "colicky babies are hard" and "his face gets really red when he cries" or my favorite "he has quite a temper" haha, that's my guy! He weighed 10 lbs and 11 oz so that put him in the 25th percentile for weight. He was in between the 25 and 50th percentile for height at 22 1/2 inches and his head was in the 50th percentile (big surprise, my kids have big heads!). Then it came time for shots, watch out!!! He was sooo mad. And I felt like an awful mother because I had to rush off to work right afterwards so I left him with my mom. Chels always took her shots like a champ. She would cry during the actual pokes but by the time we would leave the Dr.'s office she was usually sleeping soundly in her carseat. Not Marriner! He has let us know that he did not like his shots ever since yesterday. He is especially fussy. Last night he woke up every 2 hours. He won't sleep or eat today. Poor little guy. I'm hoping he feels better by tomorrow! Even though he can try our patience like no other, we still love him to pieces. He finally is giving us smiles, and somehow in those seconds, it makes all the stress and crying spells worth it!

Now for Halloween. Chels was a puppy of course. Her Grandma Davies made her costume and it was so cute. She even had 3 different pairs of ears she could snap onto the hood. Marriner was nothing really. We had lots of cute ideas (Jake wanted him to be a member of the Lollipop guild from Wizard of Oz) but none of them came to pass. He did get a little Frenchman's mustache drawn on him while we were painting Chels' face though.
Bonjour!!!
Our baby boy and baby puppy.
I've been waiting for so long to actually live in Idaho and be able to celebrate holidays with our family! This is my niece Kaymn, aka the cutest little ghost ever!
Chels and Kodie playing marbleworks. My mom had a pizza party after everyone's Trunk-or-Treats so we could all see the costumes.
My sister-in-law showed all us mom's up and dressed up. This is her little girl Abby.
Chels with my brother Gary's kids. Emalee, Jake, Landon, and Megan.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your kids are super cute. However, I do feel for ya Matti was a super fussy baby and boy was it hard at times.

Luke Stallings - Associate Broker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leah Stallings Fine Art Photography said...

What a cute puppy and Frenchman!!! I can't wait to meet that baby in person!

Nielsen Family said...

Haha too cute!!!