Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Lots of Firsts!

Just a quick post since I haven't posted forever and because today was a big day for little D. Today he figured out how to sit up from a laying down position, crawl, and pull himself up to standing. HOLY COW! I can't believe it. We have waited so long for him to any of the above and then today he does everything, it was amazing! I haven't witnessed him pulling himself up but Jacob and Kirsten (his grandma Davies) both did. His crawling is still slow but he can definitely do it and he crawled all over this evening just looking at everything from his new perspective, so cute! I am just realizing we might need to change our whole night-time routine. We've always just layed him on the floor and he falls asleep but right now it's 10:00 and everytime I lay him down he just flips over and sits back up, hmmm.

We also got his ears checked yesterday since his pediatrician thought we should tubes and they looked great (which I suspected since he's slept through the night for two nights in a row now). So she's giving him one more chance. One more ear infection and we're off to the Ear Nose and Throat Dr. for our consultaion. Hopefully since it's summer time now he won't get sick anymore, hopefully.

In this picture I was trying to get a shot of his two little baby teeth on the bottom. Of course he eluded me. But it's cute so I posted it anyways.
He loves to kneel up next to things and play, he'll sit in this position forever.
This was how I tested him tonight to see if he really could crawl. I put the number two forbidden object on the floor (number one being the cell phones) and sure enough he crawled right over to them. What a rascal!
In other news Leah and I took a mom's only (plus baby Stella) trip to Salt Lake City. We planned on taking pictures everywhere we went but we only ended up with one picture at PF Changs. We also went to IKEA, the Cheesecake Factory, the Fashion Place and Layton Hills malls, and we stayed in the Hilton in downtown SLC. It was so much fun and is now going to be an annual or semi-annual event!!!
This last weekend we had our Landon Family Reunion at Cherry Hill. Once again I didn't take as many pictures as I planned on taking but here are a couple. Chels loved it and talks about "Cherry Mountain" everyday.
She thinks she can swim now that I bought her this little floating donut. She's so funny.





1 comment:

Mary Lynn Evans said...

Love it! That's so cool Little D is crawling! Crazy too!! You and Leah look so cute!